Staff Nurse, Operating Room FT New
UB-01: $MIN: 33.22 MID: $41.53 MAX: $48.25
No recruiters please
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Graduate of a School of Nursing. Adult Medical/Surgical experience preferred.
- (1-2) years experience in OR Nursing preferred.
- BLS required.
- Must maintain valid certification by the American Heart Association in basic life support (BLS).
- Ability to employ problem solving techniques and critical thinking.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and move patients with/without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to organize care/activities of multiple patients.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Responsible for the perioperative care of pediatric and adult surgical patients. The nurse delivers care through the use of the nursing process as reflected in Standards of Clinical Practice: Perioperative Nursing Services and the Standards of Perioperative Clinical Practice, in a manner that is cost-effective, without compromising the quality of care.
- Expected behaviors include assessment, planning, and implementation of perioperative nursing interventions and evaluation of the physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of the surgical patient preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively.
- The Perioperative Nurse demonstrates competency to scrub and circulate for simple surgical and endoscopic surgical procedures, scrub for complex procedures in at least two surgical services.
- The Staff Nurse participates in departmental quality assessment and improvement activities, meets hospital continuing education and certification requirements, participates in student teaching activities, upholds Patient Care Services philosophy and objectives, Perioperative Nursing, AORN's Age Standards and recommended Practice for Perioperative Nursing, AORN's Age Specific Competency Statements and demonstrates professional growth and development.
Unit: Operating Room Shift 7p to 730am 80 hours bi-weekly
Sign-On-Bonus for RN's with Operating Room Experience. 1 to 3 years $5,000 / 3+ $10,000.